November 16, 2012
Upgrades to PageTurnPro’s Media Manager
In the effort to continually improve PageTurnPro’s digital publishing tools, we have recently upgraded our Media Manager.
Here is an overview of what’s new...
Opening up a digital document in the Media Manager –
Now when you open up a document inside your Media Manager, you will have a thumbnail image of the document on the left side of the screen and on the right is the page to work on. By clicking one time on the page thumbnail on the left you can select the page to work on inside the Media Manager.
Creating Placements -
Placements are created when you embed media, create internal navigation links, or create links to external web pages. You begin by clicking on “Placements” then click on “Create New.”
- Internal Links – Links inside the document. The link is created and the page linked to is selected. This is perfect for your table of contents and linking a continuance from one section to the next.
- External Links – Links to outside the digital document. This opens up in a new browser window. Common uses are links to external web pages for advertisers, links to more information or links to product information.
- Image-Flash – You can embed images and flash objects inside your digital publication. Images must be in *.gif, *.jpg, *.png or *.swf format. When uploading the images or the flash file to your Media Library, you can create an external link to the object. The link will remain with the object when placed in the publication you are working on or any other digital documents.
- Video – PageTurnPro has upgraded our video capabilities. We can now accept virtually any video format. There is a 300mb file size limit in place (300mb is approximately 30 minutes). If your video file is over 300mb in size, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Embed Code – You can now embed YouTube clips and Vimeo clips inside your digital document. You do not embed the link itself, just the Embed Code ID at the end of the link. For example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSAbAuLhqs – the code to embed is everything after the equal sign (qiSAbAuLhqs).
- Placement Color (currently available in the PubTron viewer only) – Placement Color can now be changed. The reddish hue is still the default Placement Color but this can now be changed. When you click on the round rainbow next to “Placement Color” you can choose from 10 standard colors or 256 web standard colors. You can select from the color chart or enter the color code in the dialogue box to repeat exact color placements throughout your publication(s).
For additional information, please feel free to contact us directly. Tutorials can also be found under the support link of your PageTurnPro Account.